Respond more quickly to crises
with real-time Alerting.
Efficient and successful crisis monitoring
What to do if your company is overwhelmed with negative attention? With our efficient alerting you are prepared for an emergency. Regular news updates help you to recognize emerging crises early on and to react quickly to them. In addition, we will be happy to advise you on all aspects that you should consider in the event of a crisis.
In the case of cases - what needs to be considered.
In order to react quickly in the event of a crisis, some things should be clarified beforehand. Among other things, the media set should be defined as well as the contact persons for crisis monitoring. Who is responsible for communication and who must receive the media review – in which format? Which alerts are desired in which rhythm and for which media?
Clarify in advance:
- Who are the contact persons for media monitoring and press reviews in the event of a crisis?
- Who should receive a media review and when?
- Which media channels should be monitored in an emergency?
- Would you like to temporarily expand the media set (e.g. with social media sources)?
- Which media review format (special media review, evaluation on your smartphone) do you need?
In case of crisis
- In which format would you like to receive the information?
- Can we support you, for example, with the graphic preparation of data, management summaries or translations?
- In which cycle would you like to be informed about the media situation?
- For example, would you like an update in the afternoon or a special media review at the weekend?
- Do you need additional information during the crisis, e.g. an analysis of tonality, background information on the authors or the course of your career?
Follow-up and prevention
- Do you know the reasons for the crisis? What type of crisis (e.g. triggered by an error, critical reporting, etc.) is it?
- Can preventive measures for the future be derived from this?
- Do you know the relevant influencers and opinion leaders who were active during the crisis?
- Which media reported particularly critically? We recommend a comprehensive follow-up so that you can position yourself optimally for the future.
- How should the ongoing monitoring (or possibly the entire communication strategy) subsequently be adjusted?