In a presence analyses, only structural criteria of an article (circulation, type of media, etc.) are taken into consideration, while no evaluation of the editorial content is made. Yet, a purely quantitative analysis of media coverage can give you general information on when, how often, in which media source and with which coverage your company or product has been reported on.
Furthermore, we have developed a method that allows us to determine the readership structure of the achieved media response on the basis of the presence analysis.
A presence analysis by pressrelations systematically evaluates your media presence according to:
- The number of news items in print-, online-, TV- and radio coverage
- Circulation figures (print run, readership figures, page visits, reach)
- The distribution of news items in various media types (dailies, consumer media, trade media, etc.)
- The geographic distribution of news items in the German federal states, Nielsen areas
- the readership structure (gender, age, income, attitudinal and behavioural dimensions)
- The journalists/authors of the news items subject to analysis