The media plays a central role in the communication of themes which are of great relevance to society. They not only convey existing positions and claims, but are also able to reinforce them. An issues analysis reveals to what extent different positions on or arguments about a certain issue have been picked up by the media. They also allow you to determine which information on a certain issue was accessible to whichaudience. In addition, an issues analysis provides you with information both on how a company is positioned and perceived. An issues analysis is mainly carried out to examine critical themes, so-called “hot issues” and can also serve as a reliable early warning system to support your issues management when. carried out on an ongoing basis.
An issues analysis by pressrelations examines
- how issues evolve over defined periods of time
- which opinion leaders or stakeholders pay attention to the issue
- which positions and arguments are held by opinion leaders or stakeholders
- to what extent arguments related to other issues or events are linked to an issue
- to what extent a company is associated with a certain issue